Here are some helpful kitchen and bathroom remodeling tips to get you started!
Planning a kitchen or bathroom remodel can be more complex than just picking new cabinets and countertops. Updating an outdated room that is such a key part of your living experience can add value to your home. The remodeling process, though, can add stress to your life. Several factors can influence the cost of the remodel and how long it takes to complete. Before you begin your project, you should not only draw up plans for the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams, you should make plans for how to cope while you are without a kitchen or bathroom in your home.
Contact us today for more information by requesting a FREE Consultation with Sonoma County’s best kitchen and bath remodel experts!
- Cover doorways into other rooms with plastic.
- Pack everything that won't be needed into boxes. This will keep things dust-free.
- Keep essential items handy: basic food that can be micro waved, condiments, cereal, microwave-safe dishes and utensils, dishcloths, dishwasher soap, paper plates and cups, coffee, coffee pot and sugar/creamer, paper towels, napkins, and garbage bags.
- You will be without water in the kitchen for a short time. You may need to do dishes in another sink or the bathtub for awhile.
- Many contractors will wait until cabinets have arrived before tearing out your current cabinets. Be sure to clarify this point with your contractor.
- Set up the microwave and refrigerator in another area, along with a table for preparation.
- Stockpile restaurant coupons for the nights when you really want to eat out.
- Relax and rely on your kitchen designer. There will be a beautiful kitchen when all the dust is gone!